When it comes to children, they say the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. I like to think I fall somewhere between Momma and Pappa tree, otherwise known and Marge and Hap. Especially in terms of treats. Like my mom, I love adding nuts to any dessert and like my dad, I can’t say no to coconut. So why not combine the two into the ultimate sweet treat. With a little inspiration from Insomnia Cookies, I created my own Coconut Pecan Cookies.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup uncooked oats
- 2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans (Not a fan of pecans? Swap this for a different nut.)
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and oats.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mix well.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Drop mixture onto baking sheet, keeping drops two inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cookies are slightly golden.
- Let cool and enjoy. Yields 48 cookies.
This is the perfect recipe for a February night. I made them for my friend and he LOVED them. How do the cookies turn out for you?
Hugs and Hershey Kisses,